Inclusion & Diversity Commitment Statement
We, at ITT, are committed to building a workforce that mirrors the world in which we do business. This will lead to improved creativity, innovation, decision-making, and customer service and is essential to achieving premier status.
Our concepts of inclusion and diversity embrace differences in race, religion, gender, disability, nationality, age, sexual orientation, ethnic background and more. Our culture, work practices and programs will value and support the contribution of each individual that results from diverse work and life experiences.
The ITT Management System including our common values will allow us to leverage differences and generate innovation that results from a diverse and inclusive culture and sustain our success in the global marketplace.
ITT Recognition and Awards
- 30th out of 500 companies in 2009 "Green Rankings" (Newsweek magazine)
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens in U.S. (CR magazine)
- Top 10 Military-Friendly Employer (G.I. Jobs magazine)
- Diversity Leader Award (Profiles in Diversity Journal)
- Top 50 Employer (Minority Engineer magazine)
- A Best Diversity Company (Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology magazine)
- Best Corporate Citizen in Government Contracting list (CR magazine)
- Honored by the National Committee on United States — China Relations in 2009
- International Business Award for Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year in Asia
- In its 2008 year-end survey of America's 400 best big companies, Forbes named ITT as America's Best Managed Conglomerate. Forbes weighed ITT's financial performance, future prospects and qualitative inputs against 15 peer conglomerates in determining the award.
- ITT rose from No. 229 to No. 214 on the Fortune 500 rankings released on May 3, 2010. Among Aerospace and Defense Companies ITT ranks No. 9.
- CRO (Corporate Responsibility Officer) Magazine has ranked ITT at number 54 in its annual 100 Best Corporate Citizens List® for 2009.
- The Uptime Institute, a leading authority on the reliability and energy efficiency of large-scale enterprise computing and data centers, recognized ITT as one of its 2009 Global Green 100.
- ITT was one of three winners of a 2008 Aerospace Industries Association (AIA) Worker Safety Award. ITT's award recognizes our progress in worker safety by showing the greatest reduction in incident rates and lost workday rates from 2006 to 2007 across the aerospace industry.
- ITT was named #3 among "Top Military-Friendly Employers" by G.I. Jobs. The company earned its high ranking out of nearly 2,500 competing companies based on strong military recruiting efforts, high percentage of new military hires, and proactive policies that fully support the National Guard and reservists.
- The Fort Wayne Journal Gazette and the Fort Wayne Sentinel named ITT Communications Systems a "Best Place to Work" in the large employer category.
- Workforce Diversity for Engineering & IT Professionals Magazine ranked ITT at number 47 in its 2009 Top 50 Employers listing. The ranking reflects reader selections of companies for which they'd like to work, and companies that provide a positive working environment for minority groups.
- ITT has been included in the first intellectual property investment index, the Ocean Tomo 300 Index, encompassing 300 companies with the highest "innovation ratio" (defined as patent value to book value). The Ocean Tomo 300 Index trades on the American Stock Exchange under symbol OTPAT.